Dr. Mitchel Goldman
Mitchel P. Goldman M.D. is a board certified dermatologist recognized by the American Board of Dermatology and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery.
He is a volunteer Clinical Professor in Medicine/Dermatology at the University of California, San Diego and the founder and Medical Director of Goldman Butterwick Fitzpatrick Groff & Fabi, Cosmetic Laser Dermatology.
His many areas of cosmetic surgical expertise include:
- Laser Surgery and Resurfacing
- Dermal Filling Treatments
- Botox/Dysport Therapy
- Laser Closure of Varicose Veins
- Sclerotherapy treatment of unwanted leg veins
- Photodynamic Therapy
A graduate of Boston University (Summa Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa) and Stanford University Medical School, Dr. Goldman is especially renowned for pioneering research on multiple laser techniques, skin rejuvenation, and vein therapy. He is the Director of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery Dermatologic Surgery Fellowship Program and has practice/hospital affiliations with Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla, California. His other notable distinctions include:
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, American College of Phlebology and the American Society of Liposuction Surgery.
- Dr. Goldman was the Founder and Past President of the American College of Phlebology, Past President of the San Diego Dermatological Society, Past President of the Sonoran Dermatology Society, current President of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery where he also served on the Board of Directors for the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, Pacific Dermatology Association, American Venous Forum, the California Academy of Cosmetic Surgery and Board of Governors for Stanford University School of Medicine.
- He also serves as a member of over 30 professional societies and as a medical consultant to numerous companies, including Merz, Valeant, Sanofi-Aventis, , Allergan, Obagi Medical, Skin Medica, Johnson & Johnson Medical, Inc., Medicis Pharmaceuticals, Lumenis Laser Corporation, New Star Lasers,, Galderma, and many others
- Dr. Goldman is considered a leading medical authority as the author of 18 medical textbooks on cosmetic and laser surgery, dermatology, sclerotherapy, ambulatory phlebectomy, and cellulite, several of which are considered definitive medical texts in their respective fields—as well as over 300 peer-reviewed medical publications
- Dr. Goldman is an Associate Editor of numerous medical journals including: Dermatologic Surgery, Cosmetic Dermatology and Phlebology Forum and he has co-authored a number of medically oriented books for the general public regarding teenage skincare, leg rejuvenation and proactive approaches to aging.
Watch Dr. Goldman Speak with Dermatology Times About the Rise in Aesthetic Procedures
He lectures both nationally and internationally on innovative surgical and treatment techniques, and is a recipient of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery’s “21st Century Achievement Award” and the 2009 President’s Award, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery For Outstanding Contribution in Teaching and Research” Dr. Goldman currently resides in Cardiff, California.
Please contact Goldman Butterwick Fitzpatrick Groff & Fabi, Cosmetic Laser Dermatology at 858.657.1002 for more information and to schedule a consultation with Dr. Goldman. We are located in the UTC area of San Diego, minutes from La Jolla, Del Mar, and Downtown San Diego.